Memorial Day Weekend often signals the start of the summer. For the first days of the weekend, like Saturday or Sunday, you’ll likely take some super cute pictures of family and friends at the beach or at a barbecue you have planned. While on Monday, May 30, it’s extremely important to take time to honor the men and women who sacrificed their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. We encourage you to plan a Memorial Day activity with the family and continue to remind those around you the true meaning of the day.
To help you commemorate everything you’re planning for the weekend, we have the best Instagram captions to use on actual Memorial Day and beforehand. Opt for one of these patriotic captions or quotes on May 30, and then check out the ones that are more-summer focused for the days leading up to it.
Patriotic Memorial Day Captions
- Living free since 1776.
- American as apple pie.
- From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
- Land of the free because of the brave.
- Feeling red, white and beautiful.
- May we never forget: freedom isn’t free.
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it, it flies with the last breath of every solider who died protecting it.
- Can I get a side of freedom with my burger?
- My patriotic heart beats red, white and blue.
- Bold stripes, bright stripes, brave hearts.
Patriotic Quotes to Use as Captions
- “I’m just like my country / I’m young, scrappy and hungry.” — Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “One man can make a difference, and every man should try.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to break free.” — Emma Lazarus
- “I like the noise of democracy.” — James Buchanan
- “The Spirit that prevails among men of all degrees, all ages and sexes is the Spirit of Liberty.” — Abigail Adams
- “I don’t judge America by it achievement, but by its potential. — Shirly Chisholm
- “It’s because being American is more than a pride we inherit.” — The Hill We Climb, Amanda Gorman
- “Color me red, white and blue.” — Color Me America, Dolly Parton
- “Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness / we fought for these ideals, we shouldn’t settle for less.”— Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all of the time, and your government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it.” — Barack Obama
- “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” — William Faulkner
- “When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is ‘When they go low, we go high.'” — Michelle Obama
- “There is nothing more majestic than the determined courage of individuals willing to suffer and sacrifice for their freedom and dignity.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed, it must be achieved.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” — Bob Dylan
- “May we never forget our fallen comrades. Freedom isn’t free.” — Sgt. Major Bill Paxton
- “America, to me, is freedom.” — Willie Nelson
- “Freedom is nothing but the chance to be better.” — Albert Camus
- “You cannot separate peace from freedom. Because no one can be at peace unless he has freedom.” — Malcolm X
Cute Captions for the Start of Summer
- Barbecue with my babes.
- Welcome back, summer.
- Chillin’ and grillin’.
- This is my “ready for summer” face.
- Let’s go to the beach-each, let’s go get a wave.
- Nothing quite like the first burger of the summer.
- Grilling, games and good vibes.
- Summer checklist: Family? Check. Grilling? Check. Freedom? Check.
- Alexa, play “Red, White and Bluegrass” by Dolly Parton.
- Don’t worry, beach happy.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io