Jess Tran and Mathé Kamsutchom are the go-to hosts in their Brooklyn social circle for a reason—the duo have their party approach down pat, with an easy-going flair and commitment to a theme. They know how to play to each other’s strengths and they’re not afraid to ask for help. Read on and watch above for some of their essential tips for setting the scene before friends arrive, with help from Scotch-Brite™ products—because every party pro knows a clean place is essential to a good time.
- Pick a theme, even if it’s a loose one. Deciding on a general vibe will make all those other selections, from décor to the menu, a little bit easier. Jess and Mathé picked a nature vibes theme for this dinner party, which meant a vegetarian mezze platter, foraged florals, and rustic wooden serving dishes.
- Use what you have for ambience. One of Jess and Mathé’s favorite tricks is to set up a projector with thematic visuals or even a movie playing without sound in the background to set the mood and serve as a conversation starter.
- Tap your talented friends to help. Jess takes charge of the visuals here while Mathé coordinates snacks, drinks, and music. The pair also handle shopping and setting up the kitchen, but let their chef friends take the lead when it comes to cooking. Other pals pitch in on clean up duty, and these two make sure to have Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots Advanced Non-Scratch Scrubbers stocked to make cleaning counters and dishes a breeze–they easily rinse clean of sticky stuff like leftover brie.
- Always have something ready to eat and drink when guests arrive. This duo makes sure to have cocktails or wine ready to go, as well as a make-ahead app like a cheese board or snack tray to tide hungry guests over until dinner time—especially since cooking is often a communal experience, which can make timing a little tricky.
- Scent goes a long way. Jess makes a final pass with the Scotch-Brite One Step Disinfectant and Cleaner to banish any pet smells from couch cushions and disinfect things like handles, leaving a clean slate for lighting her favorite seasonal scented candle.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io